Monday, February 02, 2009

Journal pages



During the weekend I managed to make two more journal pages. These are still from prompts from the beginning of January. I will also participate in the February prompts and already made the background for Feb. 1st and 2nd. Perhaps I will find some time tomorrow to collage and write on them. No way will I be able to really make a day by day journal. The painting takes too much time, especially on the days I am in the office. What is more, I have to work on the album I want to make for my father's 85th birthday in March. I began painting the pages - this takes time, too, because they seem to need an eternity to dry properly.



Am Wochenende habe ich es geschafft, zwei weitere Journalseiten zu machen. Dies sind immer noch Anregungen von Anfang Januar. Ich werde im Februar mit dem Onlinekurs weiter machen und habe auch schon die Hintergründe für den 1. und 2. Februar gemalt. Vielleicht reicht mir morgen die Zeit, sie zu collagieren und zu beschriften. Allerdings werde ich es wohl kaum schaffen, eine Seite pro Tag zu machen. Das Bemalen benötigt zu viel Zeit, vor allem an den Tagen, an denen ich im Büro bin. Außerdem muß ich auch noch an dem Album arbeiten, das ich meinem Vater zu seinem 85. Geburtstag schenken will. Ich habe inzwischen damit angefangen, die Seiten zu bemalten - auch das dauert, zumal sie eine Ewigkeit brauchen, um zu trocknen.

2 comments:

gunnelsvensson said...

I love your jurnalpages they are great! It´s beutiful with the white text. And the lovely picture, it´s remember me of my childhood!
And a page of the day ?? How can anyone have time to that ??? To write, yes maybe, but not to painting and all that, we have a life to live also ;-)

Beate Knappe said...

warum klingst du so unzufriedene bei so schönen Ergebnissen?