Sunday, January 18, 2009

Positive comments

Thanks for all your good wishes, folks! Today was the first day I could live without painkillers, so everything is more or less back to normal.

This beautiful arch called "Golden Rule" was made by Patty. I saw it in her blog and commented on it. As a result she wanted to give it to me as a present! This is the second time someone wanted to gift me with something I had commented on (Sue Bleiweiss presented me with one of her beautiful books). This gets a little bit scary - I mean, in future I will hardly dare to comment at all fearing that people will want to give me what I commented on! As much as I like this, on the other hand, I don't want to get something for nothing. So with Patty we agreed on a swap: She received one of my felted vintage-like hearts. When I received the arch Patty had also included some bits of exotic fabric, laces and paper. It was a little bit like X-mas!


Danke für die guten Wünsche, Leute! Heute war der erste Tag, an dem ich ohne Schmerzmittel sein konnte, so daß alles mehr oder weniger wieder seinen normalen Gang geht.
Den obigen Bogen "Golden Rule" hat Patty gemacht. Ich sah ihn auf ihrem Blog und hinterließ einen Kommentar. Daraufhin wollte sie ihn mir schenken! Das ist jetzt schon das zweite Mal, daß mir jemand aufgrund eines positiven Kommentars etwas schenken wollte. (Sue Bleiweiss schenkte mir eins ihrer wunderschönen Bücher.) So langsam wird mir das unheimlich - ich werde in Zukunft kaum noch wagen, einen positiven Kommentar zu hinterlassen aus Angst, ich könnte danach mit dem Teil beschenkt werden. Ich möchte nichts "für umsonst" haben. Mit Patty habe ich mich dahingehend geeinigt, daß wir einen Tausch machten. Sie bekam eines meiner gefilzten Vintageherzen. Als der Bogen kam, hatte Patty noch einige schöne Stücke ausgefallenen Stoff, Spitze und Papier dazu gepackt. Es war fast wie Weihnachten!

5 comments:

Beate Knappe said...

Du Glückliche :-))
ist es nicht so, das Jede das bekommt was sie verdient???

Genie said...

glad you feeling better'lovely Arch

carole brungar said...

Lucky you! This is a beautiful arch!
Hope your week is going well!
Carole ;)

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

How lovely! What a nice thing to do for you. I am sure she will love the heart she receives in exchange.

~*~Patty S said...

The heart I received is fabulous and I LOVE it! I am so far behind in housekeeping in my home AND now on my blog too. How is it that life moves so fast.....I am very sorry you have not been feeling well. Take care of yourself, there is no substitute for rest!