Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Miniquilt


The second piece of art I bought last year was a miniquilt by Denise. I liked it because of its colors, they remind me of autumn. When it finally arrived I was quite astonished to see how much work Denise had put into it. Everything was hand appliquéd and hand stitched! Moreover this miniquilt has a very intense atmosphere to it - it exudes high spirits and happiness (at least for me it does!). As you can see I am totally in love with it.


Das zweite kleine Kunstwerk, das ich letztes Jahr kaufte, ist dieser kleine Miniquilt von Denise Er gefiel mir vor allem wegen seiner Farben, die mich an den Herbst erinnern. Als er dann endlich ankam, war ich total verblüfft von der vielen Handarbeit: Alles ist handappliziert und handgestickt! Darüber hinaus wirkt dieser kleine Quilt extrem fröhlich auf mich, er strahlt förmlich gute Laune aus (zumindest für mich). Wie man unschwer erkennt, habe ich mich regelrecht in das Teil verliebt.

No comments: