Sunday, April 20, 2008

Textile leaves



Just returned from an incredibly intensive class with Elsbeth Nusser-Lampe. I think I never learnt so many techniques in two days. We worked with painted Tyvek, Vliesofix, gold foil, we quilted and stitched like mad. Everything was very carefully demonstrated and explained, there were many examples to look at including inspirational material. Elsbeth Nusser-Lampe had two books and two leporellos with her to show different ways to bring our work together. Now I have to decide to do a book or a leporello. At present I tend to the latter form since this is one I never did before. On the other hand all examples are made as a sandwich with background, so finishing them and then binding them to a book would be as easy. Besides I would have to paint and perhaps stamp my Pelmet in order to have a decorative background for the leporello binding.....
I you have the opportunity to attend a class with this artist, jump to it! It is so revarding.

No comments: