Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sketch journal




The second journal of the online class with Sue Bleiweiss is done! This is what really lured me into the class. I had seen sketch journals in Sue's Etsy shop and loved them at once. I would have ordered one but didn't like the colors or the fabric of those she offered.
Now I made one of my own and I am really happy with it. The inside fabric (of the pocket) is a Stoll Weber-fabric (I absolutely love what she does with fabric). The outside is a piece of Sherryl Khan-fabric I bought last year in Berlin. The photos don't show the color of the inside background fabric correctly: It is a very deep dark purple (Oakshot fabric).
The closure is a piece of bark I treated with UTEE. I particularly like the outcome of that experiment.

1 comment:

Ela Kreativ said...

Hallo Angelika,
Dein Ergebnis sieht fantastisch aus! Was hast Du denn für ein Innenleben eingebaut? Ich sehe Blätter und Stifte in einer Halterung, aber das ist bestimmt noch nicht alles.
Berichte mir doch bitte mal über den Kurs.
Viele liebe Grüße Renate