Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Felted jacket



So this weekend the five pieces of felt were transformed into a jacket. I am rather pleased with the result. I'm still not convinced that red is exactly my color but it isn't as bad as I had thought it might be.
It was quite an experience to sew something made-to-measure. We sewed the whole jacket first using an inexpensive cotton fabric so that everything could be altered according to our wishes - longer sleeves, smaller waist, lowered hem - you name it. Naturally we took the paper cut home and I am thinking of sewing another jacket in a thinner cloth, perhaps in gray. It is amazing how this trial jacket hugs my body...

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Wow,ist ja echt stark, deine Jacke. Wie lange hast du denn daran gearbeitet?

Denise Aumick said...

This is beautiful! I love the color and think it looks marvelous. I bet you get a lot of positive comments when you wear this.