Saturday, May 17, 2008

Work in progress




A commissioned wallhanging is finally reaching its completion. I had the measurements and the preferred color green to work with. Starting with several sketches I worked by auditioning my fabric. Later I freecut the fabric and translated the sketch into a quilt. Everything was done by raw applique and then quilted.
As is often the case I discovered a fabric in my stash that worked much better than the ones I had bought for the foreground. So I discarded the precut shapes and just added this fabric which has a kind of watercolor appearance. Now there remains the border to quilt and then it will be finished. I am quite pleased by the outcome, especially since I have been procrastinating several weeks before finally starting to work on this piece.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely fabulous! What a wonderful piece of art you have created Angelika. Fabulous.