Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Baby quilt


At least a change from the book pages! This is a quilt I made by order from a colleague of mine for a little baby girl.
Within the next three months I will have to make two more baby quilts, one for a boy, one for a girl, since two of my colleagues are going to have a baby. With scans being as advanced as today both can be sure of the baby's gender. It is absolutely fascinating: one of them even had a video of her unborn she could watch at the computer, looking at him grinning and sucking his thumb! When I was expecting my children you could not understand what the scan was showing without your doctor pointing details out to you.
I love watching those two - they could be my daughters, and it is so nice seeing them together discussing the progress of their pregnancy and showing pictures to each other....
Don't get me wrong - I really would not like to become a grandmother yet!

No comments: