Sunday, April 06, 2008

Journal #1





This is the first journal I made in an online class with Sue Bleiweis. After finishing the journal itself I was not very satisfied. However tonight I woke at 4.00 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. While tossing in my bed I began thinking how I could improve the journal. First of all I did not like the way the linen yarn from sewing the signatures in showed on the backside. So I decided to hide this by adding vintage buttons to the spine. Then I thought of the stamping I could add as well as the tags I could make to go with the journal. After playing around today I am quite satisfied with the outcome. I now really like what I did and do not only think of it as something done just to learn a technique. At last I also added some German scrap papers. I love these because they remind me of my childhood where we collected them and glued them into small books. There are not many occasions I can use them today so I jump to the opportunity.

2 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Very nice! This almost makes me want to try making a journal or two.

I just found you through linking back to your website from my site counter. I had noticed that there had been several visits from your blog and thought I'd check it out ... and lo, there's my name in your sidebar, so it was most likely you reading my blog. Yours in now subscribed to on mine. I look forward to getting to know you and your wonderful art.

gunnelsvensson said...

your journal is so beautiful! LOVE all these wonderful buttons!