Sunday, April 06, 2008
This is the first journal I made in an online class with Sue Bleiweis. After finishing the journal itself I was not very satisfied. However tonight I woke at 4.00 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. While tossing in my bed I began thinking how I could improve the journal. First of all I did not like the way the linen yarn from sewing the signatures in showed on the backside. So I decided to hide this by adding vintage buttons to the spine. Then I thought of the stamping I could add as well as the tags I could make to go with the journal. After playing around today I am quite satisfied with the outcome. I now really like what I did and do not only think of it as something done just to learn a technique. At last I also added some German scrap papers. I love these because they remind me of my childhood where we collected them and glued them into small books. There are not many occasions I can use them today so I jump to the opportunity.