Thursday, April 17, 2008

Autograph book (Poesiealbum)





I was incredibly lucky to buy this autograph book at an ebay-auction. Normally they are extremely expensive, especially when they are as complete as this one. Entries start 1888, and the book is completely filled with poems and the like, some even on both front and back page.
The script is the so called "Sütterlin" style which I myself learnt during second grade. This was a short project which was supposed to help us improve our handwriting abilities. However it is very difficult to read the entries because I don't remember all the letters, it is too long ago and I never used it except during those few months at school.

1 comment:

gunnelsvensson said...

Beautiful!
I have a poesialbum from 1901, and it´s also beautiful! It have so wonderful handwritten poem!