Thursday, February 07, 2008
This is the first real project I did with my embellisher. So far I only experimented in order to find out what materials can be used - sometimes I think the question is rather what cannot be used! So far I only found out that paper is not so suitable since you see the resulting holes ;-)
In this piece (it is called "storm at sea") I used a piece of batting as background. Thereon I felted fabric, silk paper, scrim, sheers, rovings, Lutradur and several special yarns. At last I added cording and beads to make the shoreline more interesting.
What I like very much about this kind of work is the way you can leave the outer borders without finish. Somehow this adds to the organic look.