Thursday, August 28, 2008

More personal pages





Even before starting my felting adventures I had several more personal pages for the altered book finished. I only now find the time to present them. For the back pages I did not use photos from our family but vintage photos. The theme of mother and daughter is a general one and by presenting other women and children I think it is more generalized. The photo showing that baby is a real beauty I bought at ebay - it dates from 1828! I don't know if it shows a boy or girl, but that doesn't really matter. The bracelet below is the original bracelet my daughter received upon birth. The poem which so hauntingly replays my own feelings at that time was written by Caroline Sheridan Norton(1808-1877), a Victorian writer and poet.
Actually the book is now bound and finished! It went together more smoothly than I had hoped for. Alas my camera which was seriously hurt when I fell over the thresh hold of a Scottish castle last year (gaping up into the second floor where only a fireplace in the wall showed there w a s a second floor) is at present all but cooperative. When I press the release button, the bottom of the camera opens and the batteries fall out! We will be making a visit to my parents this weekend and I hope that either my father or my brother will be able to fix this mess.

1 comment:

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi!
Today I'm creating the labels for the ATCs in the upcoming CYBER FYBER exhibition. This provided the opportunity to peek in on your amazing blog. I've really enjoyed seeing your altered book images, the felting class, and especially the outdoor museum. I love those kind of places! Thanks for sharing.
Susan
PS Thanks again for trading with me at CYBER FYBER!